The Association for the Prevention and Handling of Violence in the Family (SPAVO), in order to ensure its trust relationship with website visitors and SPAVO services users, informs you that it is the Responsible Body regarding the personal data you provide. We would therefore like to clarify:
A. What this Policy covers
B. Which of your personal data have been collected
C. Why do we collect and use your personal data
D. For how long do we retain the data we collected
E. How do we process your personal data
F. Your rights and choices regarding your personal data
We would like to underline that we take all the appropriate measures in order to collect, use and keep the following personal data safe.
For the Association for the Prevention and Handling of Violence in the Family (SPAVO), it is necessary to ensure the protection of personal data. This will be achieved through transparency, accuracy and when the visitors and users of our services know which of their data have been collected as well as the purpose and time period for which these data are retained. The Association for the Prevention and Handling of Violence in the Family (SPAVO) takes all the necessary measures to secure your personal data.
– When you register as a member and / or volunteer you can provide us with your personal information such as your full name, address, telephone number, date of birth and your email address. These personal data are collected in order to
-When you choose to sign up for our newsletter, you need to enter your e-mail address. This information is only used to send the newsletter that you have been interested in.
-When you request the educational seminars from our Association through the form of interest shown on our website, you need to enter your e-mail address, contact name, company/service name, proposed activity, estimated number of participants, duration of presentation and day of conducting. This information is only used to organize the seminar better and communicate with you where necessary.
SPAVO Telephone Line and other Social Media
When you contact us, when we communicate with you or when you take part in our events or campaigns we might collect:
– Personal data (for example, your name and contact details) you provide each time you contact us by phone, email, mail, or other social media.
– The calls to 1440 helpline can be anonymous. However, personal information is requested from the individual for investigation reasons in cases of possible stay in our shelters. Moreover, demographics that may be collected during your contact on the helpline it is possible to be used “anonymously” for research purposes.
– Personal contact details (name and phone number), area and a brief description of the request for individual appointment, for better communication between the client and the counsellor in order to arrange the meetings.
– Details of people hosted in our shelters that are kept in a record for better service in case of future hosting.
– To make our services available to you.
– To manage the services you receive from our Association, including receiving a newsletter, signing up as a member of the Association, expressing your interest in providing training sessions and in participating in various events and / or campaigns.
– To facilitate the investigation in case of possible hosting of people in our shelters.
– To keep a record of people who stay or stayed in our shelters to ensure better services in future staying.
– In case of receiving demographics during your contact on the help line, for research purposes.
– For collectible / souvenir orders provided by our Association.
Why do we use your personal information?
– It is necessary to process your personal data in order to be able to manage the lists of our members and volunteers.
– This enables us to provide you with the collectibles / souvenirs and services you want to receive for free and / or to buy.
– This enables us to assist you with any collectible / souvenir orders and refunds you may request.
– To provide you with relevant communication ways such as e-mail, mobile messages and mail to promote our collectible / commemorative products and services.
– Invitation to participate in actions of the Association you have been interested in, during your registration as a member and / or volunteer.
– Facilitate the investigation process in case of requests for staying in our shelters and use of this information to serve the guests in future request for a shelter.
If you inform us that you do not wish to receive again any information or update regarding our actions and / or events, we will respect your choice. This will not affect your ability to use our services.
For those volunteers and / or members who their data pre-existing the implementation of the new European Privacy Act, these will be retained until you inform us that you do not wish to receive this information.
The Association for the Prevention and Handling of Violence in the Family (SPAVO) underlines that even if you have given your consent, you can revoke it without any sanctions, by informing us on our e-mail address email@example.com.
For the information of those who have been hosted or hosted in the Shelter, the Association keeps records for better service in case of later hospitality.
Your personal data is being processed at the offices of the Association located in Nicosia. We keep your data by taking all the appropriate measures to ensure that they are adequately secure.
Your personal data are not accessible to third parties, unless required by law. We will not share your personal data with other Associations or Organizations without first having your consent.
- Right to basic Information
You are entitled to know:
– Who keeps my personal data?
– For what purpose?
– For how long?
– Are there any potential recipients?
- Right to be informed
You have the right to access your information that the Association keeps, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to access
If you wish, you can ask in writing to find out what personal data the Association for the Prevention and Handling of Violence in the Family (SPABO) has collected. The Association will respond to your request within four (4) weeks.
- Right of Rectification
If you realize that your collected personal data is incorrect or if for example your contact details have been changed, please contact email@example.com to correct your details.
- Right to erasure (the “right to be forgotten”)
Beyond the right of rectification, you also have the right to delete the links around your name if they are incorrectly posted on the internet. If you wish, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org which can inform you about what measures can be taken.
- Right to restrict processing
You must be aware that your personal data may only be collected and retained for a specific purpose, which you refer to when you express your interest in that service or have agreed in writing when receiving our services. The data collected during the telephone calls in Helpline 1440 are used anonymously and exclusively for statistical purposes.
- Right to Object
Based on your rights, you can request that your data be corrected and / or deleted by a public or private organization, who must respond in writing within fifteen (15) days. Rejection is notified. In addition, you have the right to contact the Personal Data Commissioner if you have not been satisfied from the response.
The Association for the Prevention of Violence in the Family also operates and distributes the SAFER app, an educational game that aims at educating children on Gender-based violence. The Association does not collect any user personal data through the app.